At Raymond Sham, PC, we counsel individuals, investors, and businesses on the immigration laws of the United States of America. We counsel and represent clients regarding permanent residency in the United States (Green Card) based on family, employment, and investment. We also counsel clients about Temporary Work Visas, Student Visas, and the process of becoming a U.S. Citizen (Naturalization).

Understanding immigration law, gathering supporting evidence, and properly preparing the appropriate forms can be complicated. Moreover, your unique situation may cause an already complicated process to become even more complex. Therefore, we urge you to seek the advice of licensed immigration attorneys as opposed to unlicensed immigration consultants.  Please refer to this consumer brochure provided by the California Office of the Attorney General. 

In general, our office may be able to assist you in the following areas:

Permanent Residency

Family Based - U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (“LPRs”) may petition certain family members to become LPRs.

Employment Based – U.S. employers may petition certain qualifying employees to become LPRs.

Investment Based – Qualifying investments in the U.S. may allow the investor and his/her family to become LPRs.

Temporary Work Visas

There are a number of temporary work visas that permit a person to legally stay and work in the U.S. for a certain amount of time. These types of visas are often limited to certain professionals, executives, investors, religious workers, and persons with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, business, education, or athletics. These visas may be renewed, but there are no guarantees that USCIS will grant a renewal.

Naturalization (Citizenship)

Qualifying LPRs may apply to become citizens of the U.S. Our office can assist you in preparing the application, preparing you for the interview, and representing you at the interview.